1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2012-8-6 18:57 | 顯示全部樓層
10. Vincent

Starry starry night, paint your palette blue and grey, Look out on a summer's day with eyes that know the darkness in my soul, Shadows on the hills, sketch the trees and the daffodils, Catch the breeze and the winter chills, in colors on the snowy linen land, Now I understand what you trying to say to me, How you suffered for you sanity How you tried to set them free, They would not listen they did not know how, perhaps they'll listen now, Starry starry night, flaming flowers that brightly blaze, Swirling clouds in violet haze reflect in Vincent's eyes of china blue, Colors changing hue, morning fields of amber grain, Weathered faces lined in pain are soothed beneath the artist's loving hand, Chorus:For they could not love you, but still your love was true, And when no hope was left in sight, on that starry starry night, You took your life as lovers often do, But I could have told you, Vincent, This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you, Starry, starry night, portraits hung in empty halls, Frameless heads on nameless walls with eyes that watch the world and can't forget.Like the stranger that you've met, the ragged man in ragged clothes, The silver thorn of bloody rose, lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow, Now I think I know what you tried to say to me, How you suffered for you sanity How you tried to set them free, They would not listen they’re not listening still, Perhaps they never will.

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2012-8-6 18:58 | 顯示全部樓層
11. Turn Around

(1) Where are you going, my little one, little one, Petals and petti-coats, where did they go, Turn around and you’re two, Turn around and you’re four, Turn around and you're a young girl, Going out of the dorm. Turn around, turn around, Turn around, and you're a young girl going out of the dorm. (2) Where are you going, my little one, little one, Blooms of red roses, where did they go, Turn around, and you’re young, Turn around and you're old. It’s a sure way to travel, Also, I had been told. (3) Where are you going, my little one, little one, Where are you going, my baby, my own, Turn around, and you’re young, Turn around, and you’re grown, Turn around, and you’re young wife, With babes of your own, Turn around, Turn around , Turn around, and you’re a young wife, With babes of your own.

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2012-8-6 18:58 | 顯示全部樓層
12. Without You

No, I can't forget this evening, Or your face as you were leaving, But I guess that's just the way, The story goes; you always smile, But in your eyes your sorrow shows, Yes it shows. No I can't forget tomorrow, When I think of all my sorrow, How I had you there, Then I let you go, Now it's only fair that, I should let you know, What you should know. (Chorus: I can’t live, If living is without you, I can't live, I can't give any more). (Repeat first verse). (Repeat Chorus).

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2012-8-6 19:20 | 顯示全部樓層
13. Loving Song

[1] There is a song I hear everytime you’re near, That goes on and on inside my ear, It's a natural song for two, I'm singing with you, It's a melody just for you and me, And it's got the sweetest harmony, And as long as you want me to, I'm singing with you. [2]  La la la la la la I'm singing my loving song, La la la la la la I'm singing it all day long, Not a song that's going strong, On any music chart, Just a la la la la la la la playing in my heart. [3] It goes round and round with a special sound, That you hear wherever love is found, And loving you like I do, I'm singing with you, Nothing can go wrong when we've got a song, And someone else to sing along, And I hope I will live life through, singing with you. Repeat 2 Just a la la la la playing in my heart, Just a la la la la playing in my heart.

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
14. Keep On Singing

(1) I don't remember mama, She died when I was born, We lived in a one room shanty, But daddy tried to make it a home, When I was only six years old, ‘started singing in the streets, And people would throw me penny, So I can help daddy make ends meet, He said (Chorus: “Keep on singing, Don't stop singing, You're gonna be a star someday, You're gonna make a lot of people happy, When they come to hear you sing’, He said “keep on singing, Keep the bells a ringing, Spread your music from town to town, There's not enough of love in this old world, So spread your song around). (2) By the time I was ten years old, I had a little rock n roll band, And Daddy's eyes were growing dim, But I didn't understand, He would be so proud of me, Each time he hear us play, At night he'd call me to his side, And daddy always say, He said (Repeat Chorus). (3) We didn't have much money, But things never seem so bad, And I feel like the Queen of the world, When I’m with my dad, Then one rainy April night, Daddy called me to his side, And tell me there with trembling hands, Just before he died, He said (Repeat Chorus). (4) I thought my heart was breaking, Daddy was my dearest friend, And everytime I sing a song, I can hear him say again, He said (Repeat Chorus).

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
15. Three Days

If I have known you only three days, Then how will I remember you in ten?, But I could swear I'll love you always, And if the gods will please be kind, Darling, I'll be with you soon, soon again. And on the road you have some good times, but when the show is over you go home, and it hurts me so to leave you behind, And Lord I feel lonesome, lonesome for the you I might have known. You'll be in L.A. in the morning, and I'll be in London by sundown, But when I sing, my song is filled with longing, and the memory of your last look, The way you took me by surprise. And the way you turned my head around, And the way you turned my head around.

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
16. Kodachrome

When I think back, On all the crap I learned in high school, It's a wonder, I can think at all, And though my lack of education, Hasn't hurt me none, I can read the writing on the wall. (Chorus: Kodachrome gives me those nice bright colors, Gives me the greens of summers, Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, I got a Nikon camera, I love to take a photograph, So mama don't take my Kodachrome away). If you took all the boys I knew, When I was in high school, And brought them all together for one night, I know they'd never match, My sweet imagination, Everything looks worse in black and white. (Repeat Chorus).

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2012-8-6 19:21 | 顯示全部樓層
17. Billy Don't Be A Hero

(1) The marching band came down along the mainstreet, The soldiers blue their limbs behind, I look across and there I saw Billy waiting to go and join the line, And with her head upon his shoulder, His surely lovely fiancee, From where I stood I saw, She was crying, And through her tears I heard her say (Chorus: Don't be a Hero, Don't be a fool with your life, Billy, don't be a Hero, Come back and make me your wife, And as he started to go, she said, 'Billy keep your head low, Billy don't be a Hero, Come to me'). (2) The soldiers blues were trapped on a hillside, The battle raging all around, The sergeant cried, “We've got to hang on boys, We got to hold this piece of ground, I need a volunteer to rise up, And bring us back some instruments.” And Billy’s hand was up in a moment, Forgetting all the words she said, She said (Repeat Chorus). (3) I heard his fiancee got a letter, That told how Billy died that day, The letter said that he was a hero, She should be proud he died that way, I heard she threw her letter away.

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
18. Circle Game

(1) Yesterday a child came out to wander, Caught a dragonfly inside a jar, Fearful, when the sky was full of thunder, And tearful at the falling of a star. Chorus: And the seasons, they go round and round, And the painted ponies go up and down, We’re captive on the carousel of time, We can’t return, we can only look behind from where we came, And go round and round and round in a circle game. (2) Then the child moved ten times round the seasons, Skated over ten clear frozen streams, Words like, when you’re older, must appease him, And promise of someday make his dreams. Chorus. (3) Sixteen springs and sixteen summers gone now, Cart wheels turn to car wheels through the town. And they tell him, “Take your time, It won’t be long now, till you drag your feet to slow the circle down”. Chorus. (4) So the years spin by, and now the boy is twenty, Though his dream have lost, some grandeur coming true, There’ll be new dreams, May be better dreams, and plenty, Before the last revolving year is through. Chorus.

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
19. Daniel

Daniel is travelling tonight on a plane, I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain, Oh and I can see Daniel waving goodbye, God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes, They say Spain is pretty though I've never been, Well Daniel says it's the best place that he's ever seen, Oh and he should know, he's been there enough, Lord I miss Daniel, oh I miss him so much. Daniel my brother you are older than me, Do you still feel the pain of the scars that won't heal, Your eyes have died but you see more than I, Daniel you're a star in the face of the sky. Daniel is travelling tonight on a plane, I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain, Oh and I can see Daniel waving goodbye, God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes, Oh God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes.
你需要登入後才可以回覆 登入 | 我要註冊

本版積分規則

手機版|陳美齡國際歌迷會

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 18:00