1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2012-8-6 15:30 | 顯示全部樓層
1.It Never Rains In Southern California

Got on board a westbound seven-forty-seven, Didn’t think before deeiding what to do, All that talks of opportunities, TV breaks and movies, Rang true, Sure rang true. (Chorus: Seems it never rains in Southern California, Seems I’ve often heard that kind of talk before, It never rains in California, But, girl, Don’t they warn ya, It pours, man it pours!). Out of work, I'm out of my head, Out of self-respect, I'm out of bread, I'm Underloved and underfed, I wanna go home.....It never rains in California, But, girl, don't they warn ya, It pours, man it pours! Will you tell the folks back home, I nearly made it, Had offers, but don't know which one to take, Please don't tell them how you found, me Don’t tell them how you found me, Gimme a break, Gimme a break. (Repeat Chorus).

2.Nobody’s Child

(1) As I was slowly passing, An orphans’ home one day, I stopped there for a moment, Just to watch the children play, Alone a boy was standing, And when I asked him why, He turned with eyes that could not see, And he began to cry. Chorus: I’m nobody’s child, I’m nobody's child, Just like a flower, I’m growing wild, No mummy’s kisses, no daddy's smile, Nobody wants me, I'm nobody’s child. (2) People come for children, And take them for their own, But they all seem to pass me, And I’m left here all alone. I know they like to take me, But when they see I’m blind, They always take some other child, And I’m left behind. Chorus. (3) No mummy's arms to hold me, And Soothe me when I cry, Sometimes I get so lonely, I just wish that I could die. I’ll walk the streets of heaven, Where all the blind can see, And just like all the other kids, There'll be a home for me. Chorus.

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
3.Circle Games

(1) Yesterday a child came out to wander, Caught a dragonfly inside a jar, Fearful, when the sky was full of thunder, And tearful at the falling of a star. Chorus: And the seasons, they go round and round, And the painted ponies go up and down, We're captive on the carousel of time, We can’t return, we can only look behind from where we came, And go round and round and round in a circle game. (2) Then the child moved the times round the seasons, Skated over ten clear frozen streams, Words like, when you're older, must appease him, And promise of someday make his dreams. Chorus. (3) Sixteen springs and sixteen summers gone now, Cart wheals turn to car wheels through the town. And they tell him, “Take your time, It won't be long now, till you drag your feet to slow the circle down". Chorus. (5) So the years spin by, and now the boy is twenty, Though his dreams have lost, some grandeur coming true, There’ll be new dreams, May be better dreams, and plenty, Before the last revolving year is through. Chorus.

4.Devoted To You

(1) Darling you can count on me, Till the sun dries up the sea, Until then I'll always be, Devoted to you. (2) I'll be yours through endless time, I’ll adore your charm sublime, Guess by now you know that I’m devoted to you. Chorus: I’ll never hurt you I’ll never lie, I'll never be untrue, I'll never give you reasons to cry, I’ll be unhappy lif you were blue. (3) Through the years my love will grow, Like a river it will flow, It can't die because I'm so devoted to you.

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
5.Day Is Done

(1) Tell me why you’re crying my son, I know you're frightened like everyone, Is it the thunder in the distance you fear, Will it help if I stay very near, I am here. Chorus: And if you take my hand my son, All will be well when the day is done, And if you take my hand my son, All will be well when the day is done. (Day is done) When the day s done. (Day is done) When the day is done, (Day is done) When the day is done, Day is done. (2) Do you ask why I’m sighing my son, You shall inherit what mankind has done, In this world filled with sorrow and woe, If you ask me why, this is so, I really don't know. Chorus.! (3) Tell me why you’re smiling my son, Is the e a secret you can't tell everyone, Do you know more than men that are wise, Can't you see what we all must disguise, Through your loving eyes. Chorus.

6.You’re Got a Friend

When you're down, and troubled, And you need some love and care, And nothin’ nothin’ is going right, Close your eyes, and think of me, And soon I will be there, To brighten up even your darkest night. Chorus: You just call out my name, And you know, wherever I am, I’ll come runnin’, yeah, to see you again. Winter spring summer or fall All you have to do is call, And I’ll be there, You’ve got a friend. If the sky above you, Grows dark and full of clouds, And that oldnorth wind begins to blow, Keep your head together, And call my name out loud, Soon you’ll hear me knocking at your door. Chorus. Now ain't it good to know that you've got afriend, When people can be so cold, They’ll hurt yd i, yes and desert you, And take your soul if you let them, Oh, but don't you let them. Chorus.

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
7.Will The Circle Be Unbroken

Will the circle be unbroken, By and by Lord, by and by, There's a bedder hovel waitin', In the sky, Lord, in the sky. (1) I was standing, By the window, One dark and cloudy day, When I saw there hearse come rolling, For to carry my mother away, Chorus: Will the circle be unbroken, By and by Lord, by and by, There's a bedder hovel waitin', In the sky Lord, in the sky. (2) I have told the undertaker, Undertaker please drive slow, For this body you are hauling, Lord, I hate to see her go. Chorus. (3) So I follow, close behind her, Try to hold her and be brave, But I could not hide my sorrow, When they lay in the grave. Chorus.

8.Mother Of Mine

Mother of mine, You gave to me, All of my life to do as I please. I owe everything II have to you, Mother, sweet Mother of mine. Mother of mine, When I was young, You showed me the right way things had to be done. Without your love, where would I be, Mother, sweet Mother of mine. Chorus: (Mother, you gave me happiness, Much more than words can say, I pray the Lord that He may bless you, everynight and everyday.) (Repeat).
Mother of mine, Now I am grown, And I can watch great all on my own. I'd like to give you what you gave to me, Mother, sweet Mother of mine. (Repeat).

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
9.Killing Me Softly With His Song

(Chorus: Strumming my pain with his fingers, Singing my life with his words, Killing me softly with his song, Killing me softly, With his song, Telling my whole life, With his words, ping me softly, With his song). I heard he sand a good song, I heard he had a style, And so I came to see him, To listen for a while, And there he was this young boy, A stranger to my eyes (Repeat Chorus). I felt all flushed with fever, Embarressed by the crowd, I felt be found my letters, And read each one out loud, I brayed that he would finish, But he just Kept right on. (Repeat Chorus). He sang as if he knew mw, In all my dark despair But then he looked right through me, As if I wasn’t there, And there he was the stranger, Singing clear and strong. (Repeat Chorus).

10.For All We Know

Love look at the two of us, Strangers In many ways, We’ve got a life time to share, So much to say, and as we go, From day to day. I’ll feel you close to me, But time alone will tell. Let’s take a life time to say, I knew you well, For only time will tell us so, And love may grow, For all we know. Love look at the two of us, Strangers in many ways, Let’s take life time to say, I knew you well, For only time, Will tell us so And love may grow, For all we know.

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
11.Rose Garden

I beg your pardon, I never promise you a rose garden, Along with the sunshine, There’s got to be a little rain sometime, If you take you got to give, so live and let live or let go-o-o-o-o, I beg your pardon, I never promise you a rose garden, I could promise you things like bigdiamond rings, But you don’t find roses growing on stalks of clover, So you better think it over, When it's sweet talking you can make it come true, I would give you the world right now, on a silver platter, But what would it matter, So smile tor a while, and let’s be jolly, Love shouldn’t be so melancholy, Come along and shares the good times while we can, I beg your pardon, I never promise you a rose garden, Along with the sunshine, There’s got to be a little rain sometime. I beg your pardon, I never promise you a rose garden, I could sing you a tune, and promise you the moon, But if that’s what it takes to- hold you, I’ll just as soon let you go. But there’s one thing I want you to know, You better look before you leap, still waters run deep, And you don’t always have someone there, to pull you out, And you know what I’m talking about. So smile for a while and let’s be jolly, Love shouldn't be so melancholy, Come along and share the good times while we can, I beg your pardon, I never promise you a.......

12.Turn Around

(1) Where are you going, my little one, little one, Petals and petti-coats, where did they go, Turn around and you’re two, Turn around and you're four, Turn around and you’re a young girl, Going out of the dorm. Turn around, turn around, Turn around, and you’re a young girj; going out of the dorm. (2) Where are you going my little one, little one, Blooms of red roses, where did they go, Turn around, and you’re young, Turn around and you’re old. It’s a sure way to travel, Also, I had been told. (3) Where are you going, my little one, little one, Where are you going, my baby, my own, Turn around, and you’re young, Turn around, and you're grown, Turn around, and you're a young wife, With babes of your own, Turn around, Turn around, Turn around, and you’re a young, With babes of your own.

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
13.Without You

No, I can't forget this evening, Or your face just as you were leaving, But I guess that's just the way, The story goes; you always smile, But in your eyes your sorrow shows, Yes it shows. No I can’t forget tomorrow, When I think of all my sorrow, How I had you there, Then I let you go, Now it’s only fair that, I should let you know, What you should know. (Chorus: I cant live, If living is without you, I can't live, I can’t give any more). (Repeat first verse). (Repeat Chorus).

14.Follow Me

It’s by far the hardest thing I’ve ever done, To be so in love with you so long. (Chorus: Follow me, where I go, What I do, Who I know, Make it part of your to be a part of me, Follow me, up and down, All the way, All around, Take my hand and, Say you’ll follow me). (1) It’s long been on my mind, You know it's been a long long time, I try to find a way that I can make you understand, The way I feel about you, Just how much I need you, To be there where I can talk to you, When there’s no one else around. (Repeat Chorus). (2) You see I like to share my life with you, Show you things I’ve seen, Places where I’m going to, Places where I’ve been, To have you there beside me, Never be alone, All the time in joy with one, We will be at home (Repeat Chorus).......Take my hand and I will follow you.

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
15.Sweet Dreams

(1) In my waking dreams I often see, A dashing young boy leaning by a tree, Playing sad songs I like to hear, He sings for no one but me. (2) He croons it with all his tender might, Doleful guitar and a faltering voice, Cherished, subdued am I, How I wish it isn’t a dream. Chorus: Ah—ah—, will someone bring my dream to reality, Ah—ah, will this not be just another whimsical moment. Blossoms in the night, Fizzles out at dawn. (3) Last night I dreamt my dream again, My black hair sweetheart by the tree, Wooing, songs a-cooing, My heart pounded like a drum. (4) Now in my sweet dreams I live my life, No more sorrow and no more sigh, In my sleeping moments, My heart booms with ecstasy. Chorus: Ah—ah—, will someone brings my dream to reality, Ah—ah—, will this not be just another whimsical moment. A dream’s but a dream, It ends by the morn, Bloosoms in the night, Fizzles out at dawn.

16.If You Love Me (Let Me Know)

(1) You came when I was happy, In you sunshine, I grew to love you more each passing day, Before too long I built my world around you, And I prayed you’d love enough of me to stay. (Chorus: If you love me let me know, If you don’t than let me go, I can’t take another minute of a day without you in it, If you love me let it be, If you don’t then set me free, Take the chains away that keep me loving you). (2) The arms that open wide to hodl me closer, The hands that run their fingers through my hair, The smile that says hello, its good to see you, Anytime I turn around to find you there. (3) It’s this and so much more that makes me love you, What else can I do to make you see? You know you have whatsever’s mine to give you, But a love affair for one can never be.

主題

1萬

發表

20萬

積分

管理員

積分
17.Let Me Be There

(1) Whereever you go, Whereever you may wander in your life, Surely you’ll know, I'll always want to be there. (2) Holding your hand, And standing by to catch you, When you fall, Seeing you through, In everything you do. (Chorus: Let me be there in your morning, Let me be there in your night, Let me change whatever’s wrong, And make it right, Let me take you to that wonderland, That only two can share, All I ask you, Is let me be there. (3) Watching you grow, And going through the changes, In you life, That's how I know, I always want to be there, Whenever you feel, You need a friend to lean on, Here I am, Whenever you call, You know I’ll be there. (Repeat Chorus Twice).

18.Top Of The World

Such a feeling’s coming over me, There is wonder in most everything I see. Not a cloud in the sky got the sun in my eye, And I, won't be surprised if it’s a dream. Everything I want to world to be, Is now coming true especially for me. And the reason is clear, Is because you are here. You’re the nearest thing to heaven that I’ve seen. Chorus:L (I’m on the top of the world looking down on creation, And the only explanation I can find, Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around, Your love put me at the top of the world.) Something in the wind has learnt my name, And it’s telling me that things are no the same, In the leaves on the tree, And the touch of the breeze, There’s a pleasing sense of happiness for me. There is only one wish on my mind, When this day is through I hope that I will find, That tomorrow will be just the same for you and me. All I need will be mine if you are hers. (Chorus: Repeat twice)
你需要登入後才可以回覆 登入 | 我要註冊

本版積分規則

手機版|陳美齡國際歌迷會

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 16:16